CIMI is exceptionally proud of our dedicated staff who come together to make a difference in the lives of children. We aim to provide our team with an enriching, exciting, and life-changing experience.
School Year Positions
Fall (September – November)
Spring (January – May)
Applications are Open for Fall!
Why Work at Catalina Island Marine Institute (CIMI)?
There are few times in life when you have the opportunity to do such impactful work, live on your own private beach, AND belong to an inclusive community knit together by hard work and passionate learning. That is CIMI! Set on gorgeous Santa Catalina Island, just 26 miles off the coast of Los Angeles, Catalina Island Marine Institute is an experiential marine science education program for students in grades 4-12 for 3- and 5-day field trips.
CIMI will help you to enrich your life in a variety of ways:
- Make a difference in the lives of children!
- Build your resume with impactful skills for any future job (creativity, problem-solving, communication, decision-making).
- Connect with the ocean!
- Develop life-long friendships and a close-knit community with fellow staff from all over the country and world.
- Be active!
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse community that embraces the individual.
- Be silly. Be weird. Be yourself!
- HAVE FUN!
If this sounds good to you, we want to meet you.
Fox Landing Positions – Program Director, Heather Peterson